Friday, May 17, 2013

Tomato Tomahto


Today Nathan (with his Australian accent) asked our landlord's daughter how her 4th birthday party was. She looked very confused and asked him, "what's a birthday potty???". I almost fell over laughing.


Back to Tomahtos - one of the best parts about being new to all of this is how exciting everything is.

For example, OUR FIRST TOMATO!



It's a Sweet Million tomato - they're the seeds that I started at the beginning of March. Apparently the plants can grow over 8' tall. Good thing they're tied to the roof of the greenhouse (they're about 2' right now).




A mesclun mix started from seeds in one of the grow beds is doing well (the 2nd row).



Thai Dragon hot peppers like the greenhouse heat.



 Watermelon growing vertically.


The strawberry tower.


I guess we do have pollinators in the greenhouse (I still want bees).  





I'm pretty confident in my chicken sexing. 

Cockerel:


Pullet:



WTF:


WTF x2. What ARE they??




1 comment:

  1. They must be Polish of some sort...funny!! : ) glad you're having fun with them!

    ReplyDelete