Friday, July 19, 2013

Trim Your Bush Friday

I like my tomato plants well pruned. We trim off all of the branches below the first fruit, any leaves that look unhealthy and all of the suckers. It has worked well so far - we've got lots of fruit and it's easy to find.


The landlord is more into his plants au-naturale. 


He's got tons of stuff growing but you can't find any of it! He's away at the moment so he asked us to pick his cucumbers. I ventured in and found these...most are way too big and some were rotting on the ground. I have no idea what to do with all of these cucumbers...I hate seeing food wasted. I'm going to a bachelorette party this weekend - veggies for all!


This spaghetti squash is huge.


The first of the aquaponic tomaotes to go out on the stand! The sold in less than an hour.


I think these chicks might be even cuter than the last ones. It's so nice and warm out that I turned off their heat lamp and brought them into the sun, instead. It's fun to watch them catch bugs already, even though they're still so uncoordinated.






When they heard a loud noise they all ran towards me and hid in my lap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment