Thursday, July 11, 2013

Midsummer Greenhouse

Melons and winter squash are taking over!


Lots of cantaloupes now


I opted to use some netting instead of one of my bras...


These bell peppers are huge! I want them to ripen already...


We're getting 2 lbs of these gold nugget tomatoes a day


Cucumber plant right up to the roof


Grow bed #1 is full of giant tomatoes and cucumbers


And cayenne peppers!


I think it's time to make some more pesto...


Brussels sprouts - they're the strangest looking plants.


There's finally a watermelon growing!


Poor Ewean...the only one who has enough white on her face to really see the purple eye spray. Their eyes are all cleared up, though!


I'm off to go see if I can salvage any of the recently mowed back field clippings for hay. Right now it's all laying on the field and will be wasted...then we'll have to go buy a bunch of hay to feed the sheep over winter. It would be nice to dry and use some of our own. Possibly easier said than done since it's looking a bit cloudy out...

No comments:

Post a Comment