Saturday, March 23, 2013

Recycled Pots

I started some more seeds on the 21st - eggplant, cucumber, gold nugget tomatoes, parsley, peppermint, sage and thyme. This time I made my own pots since the fancy little seedling tray is all full. I used some egg cartons for the herbs and then toilet paper rolls cut in half with the bottom folded up like box flaps. Oh, and a chobani container (raspberry chocolate dessert yoghurt..yum...) and a cream cheese container. I poked some holes in the bottoms and right now they're sitting on an old baking tray on top of a heating blanket on very low heat. Hopefully they germinate as well as the last batch did!



We'll direct sow the bush beans, zucchini, butternut squash (or might start indoors later), snap peas, carrots, brussels sprouts  and various lettuces. 

I started the melons way too early....they're going to have to be transplated into bigger pots before the greenhouse is warm enough for them, I think. Oh well, if they don't like being moved we'll have to start some more later on. Trial and error!


No comments:

Post a Comment