Friday, October 23, 2015

Duck Duck Duck Tomato!

Nathan finished pulling all of the tomato plants out of the garden and the ducks were very happy to eat the fallen tomatoes. These sisters were fighting over every little cherry tomato even though there were about 20 on the ground! 


A super cute 10 yr old girl came and picked up two of the ducklings (the blue and white one above and her almost identical sister) for her 4H project. She also took Silver the drake. I only want to keep one drake and I thought it would be nice to keep Victoria's male duckling from this year. He's the one eating the tomato in the photo below. 


Bossy ducks telling Ryan to back off from their tomatoes!


Zoey and Lucy had a full zoom-y chase session around and around the ducks. The ducks didn't really care. Zoey was jumping over them and Lucy was racing around them.


 My parents came to visit overnight to pick up Lucy. They might end up with a Pippa in their car!


Who, me? I wasn't eating the last green leaves on the plum sapling...not me!


I dropped the two ram lambs off to the abattoir today. They were both pretty big - they barely fit into the large dog kennels in my car. We're keeping the last ewe lamb for a few more months since she is still small. One of the ram lambs burst his kennel open in the back of my car! Luckily he settled down back there and rested instead of jumping into the front seat. Abby and Zoey would not have been impressed!

2 comments: