Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

I have no photos of new lambs...because Oprah still hasn't had any! Amelia and her lambs keeping trying to get in with Thomas. I had to get him into a makeshift pen to go get them out. He is very gentle with the lambs but we still don't want them all in there together. 



Magpie beat Oprah to motherhood; she started sitting on her nest of 7 eggs the weekend when I was away, when I was sure I would miss all the lambs being born. This morning, Magpie's first egg hatched a tiny adorable black with yellow head-stripe Zebra Head Junior. I will try to get some photos later.

We boiled down all of our sap and got...2 of these bottles worth! It is delicious, though, even though it was a lot of effort. So far we've had yams with maple syrup sauce. Yummy.



My family visited for a lovely Easter weekend and...I don't have photos of that. Sorry Lisa! My sister pointed out that I have no photos of her on the blog. Oops! I'm always so busy showing them everything new that I forget to take photos. 


Speaking of showing them something new, it was when we saw little 1.5 week old ram mounting his little ewe sister that we realized we had neglected to think about castrating him. Rams can apparently mate by 4 months, and since we don't want to have to separate him from his mum and sister by then, we castrated him last night. Poor little guy...Nathan made me operate the elastrator. Little ram was walking a bit funny afterwards but he seems fine today. I wish we had done it a little bit earlier (maybe less painful then) but I think he'll be ok.

Unimpressed goat.


Unimpressed Abby and oblivious Ryan.


One day not too far away Zoey will outgrow Abby!






No comments:

Post a Comment