Friday, September 20, 2013

Winding Down

 I think it's nearing the end of farm stand season - everything in the greenhouse has slowed way down. Today I got a handful of cherry tomatoes instead of the pounds I was getting just a few weeks ago. We'll still have cooler weather stuff in the fall (lettuce, kale, winter squash) and hopefully some eggs...but no more delicious tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, beans or zucchini!

Ryan trying to sell some produce (and probably himself, too - he isn't a big fan of his foster sister Lexi).


I thought there weren't many beans anymore but I picked a big bowl full this morning.


Nathan's first foray into preserving - this tomato relish/chutney is really spicy and really good.


Ryan getting ready for another day on the farm. He gets to bring me the sheep almost every morning since I've been checking Ewean's foot. 


Walt's also doing some morning stretches.


From L to R: Hank, Skyler, Walt, Saul and Gus. Skyler and Gus are the definite (and I think only) girls.


Hank the rooster.


But not the King Rooster. Zebra Head just keeps growing...


Nom nom nom blackberries.



Another case of bumblefoot...at least this time I knew what to do. Sheba is a lot heavier than Speckles so she's having more trouble hobbling around.


The girls were pretty excited to come out for another walk today.


May stretching for the tastiest leaves. This is how Maggie now stands up for grain - it's almost on command.


It's hard to get pictures of Maggie because every time I bend down, she comes running over to see if I have anything for her. 


Mother Clucker helping with the brush removal.


We leave for our trip tomorrow. It's a bit nerve wracking leaving all the animals (the dogs are coming with us). I had to stop myself from writing an essay to our landlord about goat care. I limited it to a paragraph...or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment