Thursday, February 6, 2014

Seriously, Goats

You can stop with the cuteness, now. I mean, come on...


I was trimming May's hooves and she fell asleep (snoring) in my lap! I wasn't even holding her and I just kept trimming as she slept. After she woke up, the same thing happened with Maggie.

It makes up for the fact that they head butted poor Ryan this morning and then pushed their way into the barn house behind me and almost ate our new arugula seedlings.

Little Molly is pretty cute, too.


Meghan had her calf, Mac, yesterday. Apparently they're pretty much identical. I hope they come back here soon!

It has been incredibly cold here for the past few days - yesterday the high was -4 degrees. All of the animals find the sunny patches to lie in during the day. We put a heat lamp in the barn in case Amelia pops her lamb(s) out early. Last year, she was apparently bred (by Thomas) earlier than intended through the fence...we're wondering if the same thing happened this year. 

Abby loves her new nest bed. She's barely moved from it since we got it!





1 comment:

  1. Sweet goats!! And calf....it's -26C here this morning. : P

    ReplyDelete