Monday, October 6, 2014

Farm Dog in the City

I went to the mainland during my days off last week to visit friends. Zoey came with me since it's good for her to have lots of 'off farm' experiences while she is still young (Abby and Ryan are pretty happy to stay on the farm with Nathan).

Zoey seemed to adapt well to city life...


She did exactly what she does on the farm; lounge on the deck and gaze at everything down below. Tyler was happy to join her.


I got to bring Loic to his second week of Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN. How did that happen so fast??

Maelle is so grown up, too. 


I came back to a tractor on our farm! My boss was so generous to lend us the use of her tractor and husband for a few weeks. Yesterday he filled the garden beds along the hillside in front, and the garden bed next to the house. Now he's pulling up most of this grass - I think it's called quackgrass? - so that we can try and seed some pasture grass here. 



The turkeys were so excited to find this pile of compost and bugs.


Back to farm dog life!



No comments:

Post a Comment